Spring and Summer Fun in NYC
NYC Spring and Summer Events
Celebrate the warmer weather and check out what's happening in NYC. Reserve a stay steps from all the best shopping, restaurants, and attractions this city has to offer.
Check out what's happening this spring and summer in New York City and plan your getaway with us!
- Explore the city with local NYC street fairs; LIC Flea & Food, Hester Street Fair or head out to Brooklyn to the Williamsburg Flea.
- Visit The Highline - Chelsea's elevated park which also features a number of rotating public art installations.
- Enjoy free outdoor movies at Hudson River Park's RiverFlicks on Pier 63 featuring blockbuster hits and Friday family nights.
- Concerts at Madison Square Garden including Billy Joel, Phish, Enrique Iglesias & Pitbull and more!
- March 26 - April 9: The Macy's Herald Square flagship store will be featuring beautifully bright floral arrangements live music, kids' activities and seminars for their annual Flower Show.
- April - August: From free tours, to Le Carrousel, juggling, fencing, reading and more, head over to Bryant Park for endless outdoor fun
- April 14-23: See tomorrow's hottest cars before they hit the streets at the New York International Auto Show, along with the most innovative automotive technology.
- April 19-30: Enjoy the cultural and economic revival of Lower Manhattan at the Tribeca Film Festival providing a platform for innovative filmmakers to present their latest work.
- May 3-24: Creativity reigns during the third annual NYCxDESIGN festival, the City's official celebration of design.
- May 5-7: Experience Frieze New York an international art fair featuring contemporary paintings, performances, photography and more from artists and galleries from around the world on Randall's Island.
- May 7: Par-take in the TD Five Boro Bike Tour where cyclists pedal their way through all five boroughs on a traffic-free, 40-mile course.
- June 10-11: Pit masters from NYC, Alabama, Texas, Tennessee, North Carolina and other locations near and far descend on Madison Square Park for the annual Big Apple Barbecue Block Party.
- June 11: National Puerto Rican Day Parade along Fifth Avenue celebrates the Puerto Rican community and culture.
- June 13: The annual Museum Mile Festival offers free admission to some of the world's finest art collections during extended evening hours on a 23-block stretch along Fifth Avenue.
- June 21-28: NYC Pride is proud to launch a new 3-day LGBT cultural experience: Pride Island where the City embraces its diversity from legendary soul singers to indie pop bands, this new inclusive experience creates a central hub for the LGBT community to celebrate Pride.
- July 4 - Experience the annual Macy's Fourth of July Fireworks show which made its debut in 1976 to observe the nation's bicentennial.
- July 10-30: Head uptown to catch the Lincoln Center Festival which has provided a showcase for the best in performing arts from around the world.
- August: For the first three Saturdays from 7am to 1pm, nearly seven miles of New York City's streets are opened to the public to play, run, walk and bike for Summer Streets.
- August: Bring a blanket and picnic basket for the free Central Park Conservancy Film Festival screening classics old and new.
- August 28 - September 10: The US Open is a celebrated event in American sports at Flushing Meadows in Queens.